The U.S. Virgin Islands Legislature was the 28th to introduce the Healthy Workplace Bill
- Senator Clarence Payne (D) introduced the Healthy Workplace Bill on March 28, 2014. It is 30-0349 It is the first-ever version of the Healthy Workplace Bill introduced in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Read the text of 30-349 here.
- Sometime in July, 30-0349 will be heard in a public hearing in the Earle B. Ottley Legislative Chambers on St. Thomas by the Committee on Health, Hospitals, Human Services & Veterans' Affairs. Watch this space for an announcement.
- Letters of support from the Disability Rights Center of the Virgin Islands and St. Thomas-St. John Federation of Teachers/AFT, Local 1825 and the Workplace Bullying Institute.
- Use the E-Z Emailer below to write letters of thanks to the bill sponsor and to the listed Committee members to encourage them to hold a public hearing on the bill.
|Senator Clarence Payne III, Prime Sponsor||D-St. Thomas/St. Johnemail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Clarence Payne III, Chair||D-St. Thomas/St. Johnfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Kenneth Gittens, Vice Chair||D-St. Croixemail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Alicia "Chucky" Hansen||I-St. Croixfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Nereida "Nellie" Rivera-O'Reilly||I-St. Croixemail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Craig W. Barshinger||D-At Largefirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Tregenza A. Roach, Esq.||I-St. Thomas/St. Johnemail@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Sammuel Sanes||D-St. Croixfirstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
Fill out the following form to be put in contact with the person in Sen. Payne's office working on this legislation.