Tennessee is the 26th State to Introduce the Healthy Workplace Bill
- HB 1981 passed out of the Local Government Committee on Tuesday April 2. It is now in the in the Government Operations Committee with no hearing yet scheduled.
- HB 1981 passed out of the Local Government Subcommittee on Wed. March 26.
- Senate bill SB 2226 was deferred by the Senate Commerce and Labor Committee on Tuesday March 25. The Committee reserved the right to bring the bill up for discussion this session, pending passage of HB 1981 out of the House Local Government Committee. Contact Comm. Chair Sen. Jack Johnson, Vice-Chair Sen. Mark Green, and Vice-Chair Charlotte Burks (contact information below) to encourage another hearing for SB 2226.
- To volunteer to testify or to simply attend the hearing to show support, complete the form on the bottom of this page and the TN State Coordinator can contact you.
- At the March 13 hearing in the House Consumer and Human Resources Subcommittee, the bill was verbally amended to exclude protections for private sector workers. Instead, the bill will be amended further to apply only to County and City workers. Watch and listen for additional amendments as the bills progress through committees.
- HB 1981 was amended. Read the text.
- Write to the bill sponsors listed below to thank them for caring. Write to the Committee Chairs and Vice-Chairs urging them to hold a public hearing for the bills in their committees.
- HB 1981 was introduced on Jan. 27, 2014 by Rep. Antonio "2 Shay" Parkinson. It is titled the "Healthy Workplace Bill."
- SB 2226 was introduced by Sen. Jim Kyle on Jan. 27, 2014. The Senate bill is a companion bill to HB 1981 with identical wording.
- The Senate bill has been referred to Senate Commerce and Labor Committee. See below.
- The first bills ever to be introduced in Tennessee made the state the 26th state to introduce our Healthy Workplace Bill.
|Rep. Antonio "2 Shay" Parkinson (D-98)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Matthew Hill, Chair (R-7)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Richard Floyd, Vice-Chair (R-27)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Dale Carr (R-12)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Joe Carr (R-48)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Vince Dean (R-30)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Jeremy Durham (R-65)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Jimmy Eldridge (R-73)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Steve Hall (R-18)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Andy Holt (R-76)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Sherry Jones (D-59)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Larry J. Miller (D-88)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Bo Mitchell (D-50)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Antonio "2 Shay" Parkinson (D-98) -- Bill Sponsor||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Mike Sparks (R-49)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Mike Stewart (D-52)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Jim Kyle (D-30)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Jack Johnson, Chair (R-23)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Mark Green, 1st Vice-Chair (R-22)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Charlotte Burks, 2nd Vice-Chair (D-15)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Dolores R. Gresham (R-26)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Steve Southerland (R-1)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Reginald Tate (D-33)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Jim Tracy (R-14)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
|Sen. Bo Watson (R-11)||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Sen. Ken Yager (R-12)||(615) email@example.com||Here|
Interested in working for enactment of the Healthy Workplace Bill in Tennessee?
Fill out the following form and we'll put you in contact with the State Coordinator.