Pennsylvania was the 25th state to introduce the Healthy Workplace Bill
- Representative Mark Cohen (D-202), along with 10 co-sponsors, introduced the Healthy Workplace Act for the 2013-14 session. It is House Bill HB 1179. It is the first-ever version of the Healthy Workplace Bill introduced in Pennyslvania.
- Read the text of HB 1179 here.
- HB 1179 has been referred to the House Committee on Labor and Industry.
- Use the E-Z Emailer above to write letters of thanks to every bill sponsor and to the listed Committee members to encourage them to hold a public hearing on the bill.
- Please contact the State Coordinator below for more information regarding this state.
|Rep. Mark B. Cohen, Prime Sponsor||D-202||(717) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Louise Williams Bishop||D-192||(717) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown||D-190||(717)email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Thomas R. Caltagirone||D-127||(717)firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Peter J. Daley||D-49||(717)email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Patrick J. Harkins||D-1||(717)firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. William C. Kortz II||D-38||(717)email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Tim Mahoney||D-51||(717)firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Erin C. Molchany||D-22||(717)email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Michael H. O'Brien||D-175||(717)firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. W. Curtis Thomas||D-181||(717)email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Mario M. Scavello, Chair||R-176||(717) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Ryan E. Mackenzie, Vice Chair||R-134||(717) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Stephen Bloom, Secretary||R-199||(717) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. William F. Keller, Democratic Chair||D-184||(717) email@example.com||Here|
|Rep. Marc J. Gergely, Democratic Vice Chair||D-35||(717) firstname.lastname@example.org||Here|
|Rep. Pam Snyder, Democratic Secretary||R-50||(717) email@example.com||Here|
Feb. 5, 2013, PA State Coordinator, Victoria Johnson, PhD, appeared on KYW-TV, Philadelphia.
On March 27, 2012, several PA HWB advocates met in Harrisburg, joining 700 who attended the Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW-PA) lobbying day. The PA State Coordinator and Citizen Lobbyists for the HWB visited with legislators and brainstormed about future efforts and ideas to bring to everyone for consideration as move forward.
Watch the Dec. 12, 2011 coverage of workplace bullying and the PA Healthy Workplace Advocates by KDKA-TV, Pittsburgh.
Interested in working for enactment of the Healthy Workplace Bill in Pennsylvania?
Fill out the following form and we'll put you in contact with the State Coordinator.